Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Sea Olympics - The Battle of the "Seas"

Sea Olympics is a Semester At Sea tradition that every voyage participates in. For my voyage the Sea Olympics happened during the six day stretch as we travelled from Mauritius to South Africa. Sea Olympics works by dividing the shipboard community into different Seas based on where your cabin is located on the ship. There was the Yellow Sea, Red Sea, Bering Sea, Baltic Sea, Caribbean Sea, Adriatic Sea, Arabian Sea (which was my sea!) and the Sea-lebrities (which was the faculty, staff, children and life long learners). The day is then spent competing against different seas in challenges ranging from basketball and relay races to synchronized swimming and lip syncing performances (which my sea KILLED, I'll have to post a video at a later time).

I participated in the Minute to Win It games. For those of you who don't know, Minute to Win It is a TV game show where participates are giving different tasks that all have to be completed in a minute or you lose. I had to cover my body in shaving cream and catch as many cheetos as possible that were thrown at me. I came in second with 42 cheetos. My sea ended up winning the entire Sea Olympics which was mainly thanks to the boys in our sea doing a lip synch performance to Anaconda by Nicki Minaj that received a standing ovation because it was so good. This specific Sea Olympics was also extremely bittersweet because we are the last Sea to ever be Sea Olympic Champions on this ship (the MV Explorer) because the boat has been sold off to a French cruise line that will pick up the boat when our voyage ends.

Overall the entire day was fantastic and I recommend, to any future voyages that are readying this, that you participate in as many games as possible, be as spirited as you can and cheer on everyone because it makes the day just that much more fun for everyone.


(Opening cheer off of the 2015 Sea Olympics. My sea was the Arabian Sea Rap Gods.)


(This is me participating the Minute to Win It game which was a lot harder then it looks.)


(This is my entire sea! WOOH ARABIAN SEA 2015 SEA OLYMPICS CHAMPIONS!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment